Release Date: Fall 2023
Starting Price: $30,000
Chevrolet has become a pioneer in the electric vehicle market. Building on the success of the popular and affordable Bolt EV and Bolt EUV, the automaker has continued to expand its electric offerings to include EV versions of several of its most popular models.
Enter the Chevrolet Equinox EV. Chevy’s new crossover is an impressive addition to its growing fleet of electric vehicles and will be offered in two forms: the LT and RS. Within these two distinct options, several trims, drive configurations, and range options are available.
In this electric vehicle spotlight, we’ll explore the features, options, and performance of the Chevrolet Equinox EV that make it one of the hottest EVs of 2023. We’ll also show you how to save a ton of money by financing your purchase through EV Life.
Chevrolet Equinox Specs, Design, Battery, and Safety Features
The Chevy Equinox EV offers a wide range of options that make the crossover a pleasure to drive and a competitive alternative to other smaller electric SUVs like the Tesla Model Y, Hyundai Kona Electric, and Ford Mustang Mach-E.
Chevy Equinox Exterior
The Chevy Equinox’s exterior has a smooth and compact look, striking a balance between eye-catching aesthetics and rugged functionality. The crossover features a clean front-end design, complete with thin headlights and a futuristic grille.
Stylish options like 19-inch wheels, front and rear lighting animations, and flush door handles give the Equinox a thoroughly modern appeal.
Chevy Equinox Interior
The Chevrolet Equinox offers a sleek, simplified interior powered by a digital infotainment dashboard at its center. Basic models are pretty stripped down, but the 2LT, 3LT, and RS trims provide a number of luxury features, including heated and powered seats, a heated steering wheel, large sunroof, hands-free tailgate, dual-zone climate control, and more.
The Equinox has seating for up to five, plus a variety of storage solutions, including a maximum cargo capacity of up to 57 cubic feet with the seats folded down. The 2RS and 3RS models also offer the option to upgrade to Equinox’s Adrenaline Red-themed interior and flat-bottom steering wheel.
Chevy Equinox Performance
Exhibiting plenty of the instant torque and power electric vehicles are known for, the Chevrolet Equinox is fun to drive in any situation. The crossover’s available hands-free starting and driving system offers convenience and comfort. And while the front-wheel drive’s 210 horsepower is probably enough for most drivers, Chevy’s optional eAWD system boosts that up to 290 horsepower.
Chevy Equinox Safety Features
Every Chevrolet Equinox EV model will come standard with a number of attractive safety features, including:
- Standard lane-departure warning with lane-keeping driver-assistance
- Available adaptive cruise control with hands-free driving mode
- Standard automated emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Reverse Automatic Braking that automatically provides alerts and/or emergency braking to help avoid collisions with detected objects and vehicles directly behind you when reversing.
Chevy Equinox Battery Options
The Chevrolet Equinox EV is built on Chevy’s new Ultium Platform, providing the power and versatility for any scenario, whether you are going across town or across the country.
Entry-level Equinox EV models come with a smaller battery pack than the other options in the lineup and offer an estimated range of 250 miles. Upgraded trims have a larger battery that can provide up to 300 miles of range, though the all-wheel drive options reduce the estimated range to 280 miles.
All models have DC fast-charging capability, which Chevy says will add 70 miles of range to the battery in as little as 10 minutes of charging.
Chevrolet Equinox LT
The entry-level front-wheel drive LT option will have 210 horsepower and provide around 250 miles of range. The 2LT adds a larger battery pack that increases the crossover’s range to 300 miles and offers additional practical and luxury features, such as heated front seats, an eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, and roof rails.
Both the 2LT and 3LT are available in FWD and all-wheel drive versions. The 3LT includes even more options drivers will love, including advanced safety features, 21-inch aluminum wheels, and an available head-up display.
Chevrolet Equinox RS
The Chevy Equinox RS trims (2RS and 3RS) provide an even bolder, sportier design combined with advanced technology. Both RS trims are available in FWD and AWD and feature black-painted grille panels and lower fascia with sporty flow-through rocker molding. They also come standard with a heated flat-bottom steering wheel and the option to upgrade to Equinox’s stylish Adrenaline Red interior.
Comparing Chevrolet Equinox Trims at a Glance
|Chevrolet Equinox Version||Base Price (est.)||Range||Horsepower (est.)||EV Tax Credit|
|Equinox LT||$30,000||250 miles||210 hp||$7,500|
|Equinox RS||$40,000||300 miles||290 hp||$7,500|
How to Save Money on Your Chevy Equinox EV
Americans looking to save money on their EV purchase will find no shortage of programs designed to incentivize the switch to electric. There are plenty of programs, grants, and tax credits available on the federal, state, and local levels aimed at encouraging drivers to switch from gas-powered vehicles to EVs. And with its combination of practicality and affordability, the Chevrolet Equinox EV qualifies for nearly all of them.
Incentive Programs the Chevrolet Equinox is Eligible For
- Federal Tax Credit. The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 introduced a new federal EV tax credit of up to $7,500 for qualified drivers looking to purchase an EV. Electric vehicles built in the United States with an MSRP of up to $80,000 may qualify, which means all available Equinox trims are eligible.
- Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP). For Californians, the CVRP offers rebates of up to $7,500 for the purchase of eligible electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and fuel cell vehicles.
- Clean Vehicle Assistance Program. The CVAP, another California-based incentive, offers grants and loan assistance to lower-income drivers looking to purchase or lease clean vehicles, including EVs and plug-in hybrids. Be sure to check the website for income eligibility requirements.
- Clean Cars 4 All. The Clean Cars 4 All program helps lower-income Californians by offering cash incentives of up to $9,500 to retire their older gas-powered vehicles and invest in EVs. Whether your aging gas-guzzler qualifies for a payout depends on the vehicle, your income level, and where you live.
- Colorado Electric Vehicle Tax Credit. The newly passed Colorado EV tax credit offers Colorado residents a tax credit of up to $5,000 for the purchase of an electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle with an MSRP of up to $80,000.
Save Big on Your Auto Loan by Financing with EV Life
It’s no secret that the future of personal transportation is electric. And to encourage more drivers to make the switch, federal, state, and local governments have funded a variety of programs to help drivers purchase an EV.
The problem? Each program is different and has its own unique vehicle and income eligibility requirements, application process, and approval waiting period. Drivers are left to navigate the often confusing and complex application process on their own. And even if you manage to determine your eligibility and apply for the right programs, you still have to wait up to 18 months to get approved. Meanwhile, you’re stuck making full loan payments to traditional lenders until help finally arrives.
The solution? The EV Climate Loan from EV Life. With the EV Climate Loan, you can skip the waiting period and use your incentives right away. Here’s how it works:
- Pre-approval. EV Life helps you get pre-approved for the programs you’re eligible for, then lets you apply the incentives incrementally to your loan payments.
- No missed savings. EV Life will then help you look through each available program to make sure you aren’t missing out on any incentives that you qualify for.
- Lower monthly payments. By financing through EV Life, you can significantly lower your monthly payments by an average of $200 per month compared with traditional lenders. Our customers save an average of $10,000 off the purchase price of their EV!
Get pre-qualified today and find out how much you could save on your new Chevrolet Equinox EV.